Frequently Asked Questions
So what is "Creative Drama" anyway? Is it an acting class?
- While Creative Drama is based in elements of formal theatre, our classes are centered around the students experiences and learning, rather than the goal of a final theatrical production. We use Theatre as a tool to explore the world around us. Our classes are often based around a central character building theme or topic, and we will spend each saturday exploring that topic using theatre, dance, music, and art.
- The program runs towards the beginning of both the Fall and Spring semesters of each academic year, on saturday afternoons. For exact dates for the upcoming semester, please consult the University Calendar or Contact Us.
- You can download the registration form here, or call 309-438-8783 for more information on registration.
- Fee for the first child is $60 and each additional child from the same family is $55.
Make checks payable to: Illinois State University
- Yes! A limited number of scholarships are available on a first-come
- Refund Policy: A $15 service fee for each class registration will be assessed for students withdrawing before classes begin. No refunds will be given after classes begin.*
*A refund will be given if insufficient enrollment causes class cancellation. Illinois State University’s liability is limited to the registration fees of the program.
- We are located in the Centennial West Building on ISU's Campus. The meeting point for our classes is the Westhoff Lobby, in Centennial East. (See below for drop off/pick up information) And, for you visual learners, There is a handy dandy map at the bottom of the page!
- Children enrolled in creative drama will meet in the Centennial East Lobby between 10:45 - 10:55 a.m. and be escorted to their drama classes by the staff.Children enrolled in the visual art classes will be escorted to the Cent. East Lobby after their visual arts class.
To insure the children’s safety when picking them up - a parent, guardian, or other adult will be required to sign them out before a child can be released.
We Appreciate It When You Pick Up Your Child On Time.
- Parking for drop off/pick up is located in the roundabout by the ISU Center for the Performing Arts on Beaufort Street. Parking for parent share is located in the south street parking garage.
- On the last class of the semester, we invite parents to join in the fun. Until then, our classes are closed to encourage the formation of a safe learning community. Should you have any questions regarding your child's experience in class, please feel free to ask the teachers! We love the opportunity to share stories about our classes with parents!
- It's perfectly normal for your child to be nervous in a new environment, and every child is unique in how they adjust to new situations. Should your child be hesitant, we will do everything we can to make them feel at home in the classroom, and will communicate openly with you regarding their experience.
- We are more than happy to work with parents regarding any special physical, mental, or behavioral needs their child may have. Our classrooms are designed to be safe, inclusive spaces where individual experience and creativity is celebrated. If you will need accommodations please call 309-438-7938. Information regarding all disabilities is handled according to law.
Have a question that's not addressed? Feel free to Contact Us for additional information.
© Sara Phillips, 2011 This page last edited on 11/7/11